Monday, April 16, 2012

Swiss Days 2011


All the women who participated in making blocks for the quilt.

John S. Stucki home











This year at Swiss Days they were celebrating 150 years. The Santa Clara Historical Society decided to put together a commemorative quilt showing all the businesses and homes that have been in Santa Clara since 1861. I had the opportunity to make a block for the quilt. It was not an easy task. We were not given a pattern, only a picture and information about what our block was to look like. I made the block representing the home of John S. Stucki. His family migrated to American from Heirstetten, Switzerland in 1860. They then were asked to help settle southern Utah.

















In September Stefanie and I ran the Swiss Days 5k. We try and run every year, but we have missed a few. I came in 5th place in the 50-54 age bracket, which isn't too bad for my age, considering there was over 600 people that ran!

No comments: